24/06/2022 - Moose Mountain

 Moose Mountain 

(2,437 m, 7,995 ft)

Today I did my annual Moose Mountain summit. After going the the movies with the family in the morning, we got a late start at around 3:45 pm and summited around 5:45 pm. Overall we crushed it and made pretty good time. Today was another day that the forecast didn't look too great but we decided to go anyways and again we were proved right. Although the portion between the false summit and the true summit was super windy and cold we didn't experience any form of precipitation and the weather was pretty nice the whole time. As always the views were amazing and it is still enjoyable at the summit. About 300m before the summit we were encountered with snow but it was not that much and you could tell it had just recently fallen the night before. Once we reached the top we all shared a mars bar and began on our way down. All in all Moose always provides you with exactly what you would expect. The last time I did the hike was on a Saturday in mid July so I was extremely happy when we got to the parking lot and there was only one other car there. I hadn't planned on hiking today but I'm glad I did, it was the perfect way to close out the day. 



Mom and Dad at the summit 

all three of us at the summit


Comments

Popular Posts